Music library is empty or missing tracks
If you select your music library in the SoundTouch app but the content of the library is empty or missing tracks, try the following:
If tracks or playlists were recently added, sync the music library.
Apple Music tracks will not appear in the SoundTouch app.
For iTunes libraries, go to the iTunes preferences and enable sharing your library with other applications.
Check the properties of the files in your music library and remove security blocks, if enabled.
- For Windows users, right-click the files or folders, click Properties > Security tab > Edit, then make sure Allow is checked for Full Control, Modify, Read & execute, Read and Write.
- For Mac users, select the files or folders, click File > Get Info > Sharing & Permissions, then select a user group in the Name column and choose Read & Write from the pop-up menu.
If using iTunes 12.5.1 on a Windows computer, the "iTunes Music Library" XML file must be located in the default iTunes folder.
- For Windows Vista and newer: C:\Users\[username]\Music\iTunes
- For Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\My Music\iTunes
If iTunes is used to manage the library, determine if the tracks are in the cloud.
For iTunes libraries, export user-created playlists and rebuild the music library.
- If there are no user-created playlists, close iTunes, copy the existing ITL files to a backup folder, then delete all ITL files in the iTunes folder. Reopen iTunes and the program will scan for media to create a new ITL file
- If there are user-created playlists, export the playlists before closing iTunes, copy the existing ITL files and deleting the them. For more info, see Using playlists with iTunes.
Determine if the computer was recently updated to Windows 10.
For info on determining the operating system, see Determining the computer's operating system.
For info on removing and re-adding the music library, see Removing a music library and Adding a music library stored on a computer or NAS drive.